Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Midnight blues: The night sky draws admirers

Lately I am getting home from work later and the days are getting shorter, so I find myself taking a lot of night walks around the neighborhood, looking at the moon and stars as I try to stay in shape. The sky has been so beautiful lately, both in the day and in the night. As I drive home from work I am always astounded by the incredible cloud formations that seem to be coming in more and more colors, sometimes like mountain ranges in the sky, sometimes like frozen pink oceans. I want to stop and paint or photograph, but most of the time I am on the highway contemplating the beauty of nature at 60 mph.
 
For me, whatever wonders nature has to to offer, it must have an observer to really realize its value. You might call me human-centric, except that the observer could just as well be a dog or a bird. Hmmm. Birds. I think I will work some of them into my next few drawings.  Here are a few night scenes that have sprung forth lately from my imagination....

 
Night is a time of romance....
 
...a time for asking the hard questions....
 
....a time for wondering at the beauty of it all.

I'd like to start sharing blog space with other artists. If you send me a picture inspired by the night sky I will share here it on this blog. Just email me a .jpg or .png file at cj@carolsnotes.net.
  

3 comments:

  1. I love your artwork, Carol! You amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the punky chick with pink hair ;-) I too love to admire the night sky. I love to walk in the twilight of the evening, before it's too dark to be unsafe (I'm always nervous). Van Gogh's Starry Starry Night is one of my favorite paintings. I'm have a new blog post about artists that I'll pot next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one, the gal with the auburn hair gazing up at the full moon. That's me!

    ReplyDelete